Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Big Night Out 2/10/09

Today i seriously did SFA! It was a day to chillax and observe surroundings in and outside the hostel.

Few random things ill share about this place
  • Canadians are so friendly. Out on the street, in the bars & they are always happy to help tourists out..and furthermore the majority are hot!
  • Untill meeting German "dudes name i cant remember" and his nice girlfriend Mika (managed to remember that) most germans around seemed quite snobby/uptight. This couple were cool just had a chat before going out and now have changed my tune about ze germanz........shizen housen.
  • "Mary Jane" is a very popular person here.
  • Strict no-alcohol tolerance..you get 'patted down' at clubs mainly to stop you smuggling alcohol in..
  • All prices are shown before gst. This is frustating at times when u look at stuff ur about to buy and then forget the tax gets added at the register..geeez get with the times canada this makes no sense haha
Ill add more later thats all I can think of right now.

So onto the evening..I thought id just have a quiet one I was in a cbf mood. I climb 3 flights of stairs to get to my room so after the first 2 sets it gets heavy. Managed to trip up the stairs on my way to my room...embarrassing much? Not really. Dude behind me asked if i was ok...started chatting..he was a pom from portsmouth. So ended up having a drink with him and his portsmouth/irish friends.

Then from the hostel we headed out to a gig downtown. Funniest blokes..kept trying to do the aussie accent but failed miserably..as did I with theirs. So we hit up this club and theres a pretty fkn big queue...stood in that for about an hour and a half..at this point it was prob 12.30am before we got in...and it was coldddd..cold for australia but nothin for them. Club/Pub was good..live band who played kind of alternate/disco mix..very different type of music but very cool.

Got home about 3am pretty toasted..the beer here is pretty good..tried 'Ox' last night. They also love jager over here...im fitting in way too well haha. Tomorrow should be interesting, all 3 of my room-mates are off elsewhere so 3 newbies headed my way for the night. 3 french canadians maybe? Fingers crossed..stay tuned =)

1 comment: